Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Mormon Battalion and Transfers

Hello Everybody,
It is Sister Dalley with another fantastic week.
May 13 - the last day of our Wilford Woodruff Week. We were just exhausted, flat out tired. When we were done knocking doors we went to lunch and then hung out as a zone at the church and had a little party to celebrate and then went back to work.

May 14 - We got up early and went to seminary. The seminary students were doing a doctrinal mastery and so they were teaching us basically. We pretended to have questions and they used the scriptures to answer them and bare their testimonies. It was impressive. I wish I had something like that before I came on a mission. They are so great! It was so fun.

We met a lady named Dee Dee. She opened the door and told us how much she loves missionaries. She gave us toffee and soap. She had a huge loom in her house. We talked about how her mom used to do it. We talked about her great great grandma and said she just wants to know more about her. So, we started talking about family history. She was super excited about that. Thank heavens for family history.

May 15 - We went back to doctrinal mastery for the other seminary students. It was really fun and they made me proud. I also have a lot of respect for all humans who do early morning seminary. As missionaries we don’t even wake up that early. I am super proud of you. You are all troopers.

We went to a zone training on working with members. The region presidency feels like this is the only way missionary work will survive out here in Southern Ca. We had a lady try to convert us to become Born Again. She asked me if I accepted Jesus Christ and I said, “Yes, I do it every single day.” She answered, “You don’t have to do it every day, you only need to do it once.”

I am grateful I can accept him into my life every single day. That I can repent, every single day. That I can change my life and be better today than I was yesterday and that I can be better tomorrow than I am today. I am so grateful for the constant progression the atonement offers us.

We went to To the Rescue night. We got share the new videos. If you have not seen them. I encourage you to watch them and apply them.

May 16 Happy Birthday shoutout to awesome Sister Clayton. We drove down to the Mormon Battalion. It has been a minute since I have been there. It is funny because the president always takes all the missionaries to lunch at the Tequila Factory at the end of training. I think it is funny that he sends in a receipt to the church with that name on it.

Sister Emma Austin was our tour leader. I got to see her in action. It was so fun. I could tell how much she loves her mission and how much she loves the Mormon Battalion and how amazing her testimony is. I love her. It was so much fun to see her again. I have seen her every time I have gone but this is the first time she led my group. It was a blast. The history and legacy gives me so much love and gratitude for those people.

We discussed an Elder Bednar talk. My favorite quote is “Doctrine understood changes attitudes and behaviors.” It is really cool because it is so true. If we know the doctrine, the reason behind the things we do, we want to do those things more.

Afterward, I was called in to take a seat with President where he asked me to be a sister training leader. I am excited, so nervous, but excited … it will be fun.

After going through the mormon battalion, taking pictures, panning for gold, the whole shebang, we went home and got home late.

May 17 - Friday - I had a meeting in Vista, my new leadership training meeting. We helped Sister Denton move. Then we did sacred finding time and went to the Beck’s house and gave them a little discussion on the new member training we have.

May 18 - We worked and knocked on some doors and found out where we are being transferred.  I am going back into YSA work and am going just up the road into the Murieta Springs YSA work. My companion is Sister Moore. She awesome. She came out with my baby Sister Miles. She is so cool, I have gone a couple of exchanges with her and am super excited to work with her. I am sad to be leaving Oso Oro because it is O’ So Awesome!  I am sad to be leaving Sister Kartchner but am also excited to watch her grow up in missionary work. This probably means I will be coming home July 30th. But, I don’t want to talk about it. I was hoping for August 6th because

May 19 - We went to church and Anne came. That was the second week in a row. She became good friends with a ward member, Sue, and they talked for a long time. Sue talked to her about personal revelation and that God has a plan for us and loves us. She talked with her about why we have trials. I was super cool, we were not mad. Anne is so cool, I love her.

We went to Carlyn’s house, she wanted to say bye. I packed a little and said goodbye to members. We are excited for life!
I love you all so much! I am grateful for all you do.
Have a great day!
Love you, love you, bye!
Sister Josie Dalley
sisterjosiedalley.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment