Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Another Week in Paradise

Hello Everybody, it is Sister Dalley from paradise. Sorry, I hear you all have a whole bunch of snow. That sounds like fun, I am so happy for you but I am not jealous. I am so happy to be where I am and I am so happy to be warm.


This week was great.This week was crazy. We have had a lot of fun experiences and a lot of really great experiences as well.


After I emailed on Monday we went to play volleyball. I am in a YSA ward and we get to go to FHE, so it is really great. I get to be with a whole bunch of people my age and so FHE is awesome. My goodness, I love California, holy cow.


Tuesday:
We always start the morning with a morning run. I love it. I get to go see the ocean. Then we get ready and do morning studies and because I am new I get to do all the training paperwork stuff which is so fun.


We had a district meeting on Monday. I love my district. We all get along together really great. We all talked about our areas and what we can do better and role played. I am not a fan of role playing but I do it anyway because it will help me be a better teacher and a better missionary. We got to set up facebook and I am not really a facebooker. We will see how this goes, I will figure it out. Now that we are all tech we can prepare people all over the world to hear the missionaries and the gospel.


We went and contacted a bunch of people and we taught a girl, Jocelyn who is a recent convert. We had a recent convert follow up lesson. She is awesome and has such a powerful testimony. Though I didn’t get to teach her and haven’t really known her very long, I just love her, she is amazing.


We contact a lot because we have one investigator and not many people to teach. We talk to a bunch of different people with a bunch of different backgrounds. I love it. I get to hear about everyone’s view on religion and their beliefs and lives and it is so cool. It is just interesting to see their different stories.


We finally finished our area book which is great because we are now all technology and no paperwork.


Wednesday:
I went on exchanges with Sister Cam Richey, many of you know her. We went to highschool together. She was a senior when I was a sophomore (she is Jake’s age). Her little brother is Beau Richey who I knew in high school. He was the “Be Happi” “Live like Beau” and “Make Jesus Christ the center of your life” guy and many of you know his story. It was so cool, we got to talk a lot about who we knew and how we knew them. We got to talk a lot about Beau. She was super happy and positive. She was just like, “Sister Dalley you need to be more confident. You need to share Jesus Christ and you need to share the gospel just by being you.” She was super crazy and fun. Oh man, I just love being a missionary.


We got to meet a lot of really cool people. We went to a lady who is not really active. She opened the door and said, “Oh my goodness I was just feeling so stressed and worried.” She sat us down for an hour and talked our ears off. Then she gave a big sigh and said, “Thank you for listening. I have a question, what happens to us after we die?” I opened Alma 40 and talked about death. We invited her back to church. I love how Heavenly Father is watching out for her and that we were in tune and knew to go talk to her and make sure she is doing alright.


They have an investigator, Daria who is so prepared and so awesome. She is one of the elect. I helped Sister Richey teach that lesson and we were able to get her on date for baptism. I love this, holy cow, I love this.


Thursday:
We had a lesson or more of a chatty with a less active member, Lauren. Then we had a recent convert lesson with Shay. Shay is so cool. Sister Henrie taught her and  helped her reach baptism. Shay just walked into the church and everyone thought she was a member but she was like “nope, I am just visiting.”  She wanted to teach the lessons and she was baptized a month ago.


We do a lot of contacting and we call a whole bunch of people. We had a dinner with the Imans. Members like to feed us meat so to be polite guess who gets to eat meat. :) I gave the discussion on what Jake taught me in Alma 5 because I absolutely love that. I love how we can all reach this level of testimony. We look at Alma as this amazing man in the Book of Mormon. As Jake taught, yes he did see visions and his father was the prophet but he gained his testimony by fasting and praying just like we can.


Sunday:
Our investigator Caroline came to church. Afterward she said it was kind of long but it all seems right. She believes it but it’s gonna take a while. I have a new niece and nephew because we went to the Bishop’s house for dinner and his grandkids were there and asked us if they could call us their Aunts.


Today P-day:
We got to go fishing on the pier this morning. The hardest thing about missionary work is not being able to get in the water.


I just love you and love getting your emails. I absolutely love getting pictures. Love you so much I absolutely love being a missionary! Hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment