Friday, April 20, 2018

OJ, Biker Gangs and Sea Lions

Hey Everybody,

Last Monday after emailing we tried to get some of our less actives to come to FHE. At FHE we juiced a whole bunch of orange to give freshly squeezed orange juice to runners at a weekend fundraiser. It was so much fun!

We went and talked to more people. We were in an area we had been in before and we saw a girl and without thinking I called out to her “Hi, Katie!” She turned around and she was like “Ah, you remembered my name.” We contacted her before back in the beginning of my first transfer. I know Heavenly Father helped me in remembering his daughter Katie’s name because I have no clue how I remembered it. We talked to her about the Book of Mormon and she hadn’t read it yet but she was like, “It must be a sign I need to go read that book.” We agreed. Tender mercy.

Tuesday I studied A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief, It is really cool, it is all about service. Service is what the Savior did. I am really excited about the ministering because he has asked us to do what he would do. We spent the day contacting and running errands. Then we met with the sunday school president from our ward. He is trying something new and wants us to be part of it. Every Tuesday and Thursday they are going to meet with a less active and they want the missionaries to tag along. So I am really excited about it, we hope it works out well.

Wednesday we heart attacked a girls house whose birthday was the other day. Super fun. Then we went to set up our booth at MiraCosta College. We do it every Wednesday until the end of May and will start it back up again after summer. I am super excited about it. Contacting people is so awkward but I love it because we get to talk to tons of people I never would have met. I love people and we talk to a lot of them so, gotta love it.

Thursday we had Zone Conference which was so good. I love Zone Conference. We had a learning time, family history time and then they taught us stretches and stuff so we won’t injure ourselves. Then we had something like TRCs like we did in the MTC. People came in and pretended to be investigators, I taught some really cool people. We talked about bold invitations and how to be bold with love. I wrote in my journal with little music notes, “All you need is love.” We have authority from God to be bold and make them promises. But Love, love makes a big difference.

I studied Come Come Ye Saints, I love it! Goodnes, Happy day! I feel so redundant like how many times do I have to say I love what I do. I love this gospel. I am so in love with every bit of this, the good and the bad.

Friday, we sat in the sun and did weekly planning. I have the best missionary tan line ever. We made a bunch of calls and went out and worked. We walked up to a man and started talking about the Book of Mormon. He was like “forget the book, look how beautiful you are.”  We walked up to a biker gang, leather jackets and leather pants the whole shebang. One guy said “you are LDS missionaries right” and he turned and walked away. They weren’t interested in the Book of Mormon but wanted to give us rides on their motorcycles. We meet a lot of interesting people. I now have a gang of biker friends. It is great. I probably shouldn’t have walked up to them but you know what, everyone needs God.

Saturday morning we went and did service with our zone. I love service, I love it! Honestly it is the best. I love manual labor which is what we were doing. We were just chopping weeds and hacking at them and making piles and bringing them down. We did that for a couple of hours which was awesome! We came home and got ready and went out to work. On our way to someone’s house we saw a snake in the road so we stopped and I picked him up and put him in the field and saved him. Then I went and washed my hands because that is gross. A less active older lady from another ward called us so we went to talk to her for a bit. She told us we were sent from God and we helped heal her and we brought the feeling of sun in her chest. She was fun.

Sunday, I love Sundays. I studied Our Mountain Home so Dear and I love it. It made me think of Alpine. It made me miss my mountains. They have “mountains” but they are actually hills. But I have the ocean, so...
Our mountain home so dear,
Where crystal waters clear
Flow ever free,
While thru the valleys wide
The flow'rs on ev'ry side,
Blooming in stately pride,
Are fair to see.

2. We'll roam the verdant hills
And by the sparkling rills
Pluck the wildflow'rs;
The fragrance on the air,
The landscape bright and fair,
And sunshine ev'rywhere
Make pleasant hours.

3. In sylvan depth and shade,
In forest and in glade,
Where-e'er we pass,
The hand of God we see
In leaf and bud and tree,
Or bird or humming bee,
Or blade of grass.

4. The streamlet, flow'r, and sod
Bespeak the works of God;
And all combine,
With most transporting grace,
His handiwork to trace,
Thru nature's smiling face,
In art divine.
We then had church, I love church. In RS we talked about following up with people after we they give them something to do. So our missionary program is doing well. After church we went out and worked. We find a lot of people, referrals for other missionaries but you gotta love it!

This morning we woke up early and we went to oceanside harbor where all the boats are and also SEA LIONS! We went to see the big fat blubby things laying on the dock swim around and bark. It was just fun! They were just so cute, but not. That was so much fun!

That’s my week! Just Jazzy Man! We get to go to the temple tomorrow woohoo! I am oh so excited!

I hope you all have a great week too. I am loving life! You guys are the best!
Love,
Sister Dalley

josie.dalley@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment