Monday, April 30, 2018

Oh Happy Day!




.


Hello, what’s good?
I feel like everything in the hymns and scriptures can be applicable to what we are doing at the time. I studied several hymns this week. They are beautiful. To me right now they scream missionary work. We can always learn something new or find something old. I love it.


Tuesday we were taken by our amazing member Chelsea and her little sister Shannon to the temple with our zone. Extra Joy! I have missed the temple. I know it has only been a few short months since I have been there. It is the best! It will be 6 months until I am able to go again. It was calm and peaceful and love and joy. Everything about it it was so peaceful. In the San Diego temple there is an atrium where you can see to the outside. It is just beautiful. After the temple we went to lunch and then went out to work.


Wednesday after our morning run and studies we went to president interviews. He is awesome and is a great mission president. My goal is to brighten three people a day through small acts of service. Then we took our booth to MiraCosta and got to talk to tons of people YSA age. We were ten feet away from the JW booth. It was like a spiritual standoff. I just want to give them a Book of Mormon. We talked to people who were very open to talking about religion. Most of their questions were about polygamy and caffeine. It was good they were able to hear their questions and help them hear truth. We went to the Packard’s for dinner and shared the video Elder Bednar in England. We shared a message with Andi who is here from Mexico and lives with a member family. She is so fun.


Thursday we had a new member lesson with Megan. We went back and did our studies. I love studies. We made cookies and a card for Josilyn because she moved to Hawaii. We went out and worked and then went to dinner with Katie. She is awesome she is so cool. She is a newly reactivated member. She was inactive for like 15 years and she seems like the most solid member but is recently getting back into the church. We visited four inactive people’s houses and two of the four came to church on Sunday so we were so happy. Some of their challenges were a simple problem like not having a ride. We were like, “eternal salvation is worth it.”


Sister Henrie was sick on Friday so I cleaned and organized the house all day while she slept.
- I love working, it is the best! -
Saturday, I filmed what I wanted to post on the facebook challenge that my brother challenged me to do. It took me 24 times and I have a lot of funny bloopers. We went out and worked all day. Later we took Nick our ward mission leader some cookies and went to ward correlation meeting. We watched him eat all 12 cookies during the meeting. Afterward we talked to a member, Adrianna, and helped her through some stressful things she is going through.


Sunday, I love Sunday, it is just such a happy day. The church is true. It was such a good meeting. We worked - it was a beautiful day! We met a bunch of cool people. Most are agnostic, they are willing to look but they are super skeptical. This week our mission challenge was how many Priuses we saw and how many people we invited to share their testimony on social media. So I challenge all of you to share your testimony. Everyone is looking at their phones anyway. They may as well be looking at something good. Post your testimony on social media.


This morning was awesome, went on a little hike and visited flower fields (like the tulip in best two years but all different kinds of flowers). It has been a great week. I am so excited to hear about all of you this week. I love you, God loves you. Toodeloo!


Sister Dalley
josie.dalley@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment