Friday, May 11, 2018

Happy May!

Hi Welcome to May! I love May.
While we were shopping last Pday an adorable lady came up to us and took our picture, I think she sent it to my mama. She was like, “I knew you were sisters! Here is some money, go to lunch.” That was fun. We love it when people recognize us.

On our booth at MiraCosta college it has the questions of the soul, where do I come from, why and I here and where am I going? We had a guy come up and after everything we said he agreed. He ended up taking a Book of Mormon a Bible and some pass along cards. He liked what we said  and agreed until he asked, how do you feel about drugs? Ha ha maybe he will find God someday. We had a christian girl come up to us and thank us for standing up for what we believe even when others don’t agree. She told us we made her happy.

Thursday was my 100 day mark of me being a missionary! After our morning run to the ocean and personal studies we drove to San Diego. The President took us to the Tequila Factory for lunch. Kind of funny, tons of missionaries at the tequila factory. Ha ha.
Then we went to the Mormon Battalion, this time I appreciated it so much more than the other times I went when we were like oh Mom is taking us to the Mormon Battalion again and we will miss a day at the beach. It was super spiritual and we panned for gold and did the whole shebang. Super Fun!

While we were there both the APs told me the President wanted to talk to me which is never a good sign. Finally he cornered me and guess what - I am training. Me the greenie baby is going to have a greenie baby. I hope you all reacted like I did. Ahhh!

MTC buddies at Mormon Battalion


For personal studies the next day I turned to my patriarchal blessing, my setting apart blessing and my blessing from my dad and looked for things that will help me be a good leader. I trust that President Thomas is called of God and therefore I trust his inspiration that I should be training so I received some peace. “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

We met with Sierra who has a best friend on a mission in Germany. She is very active in her religion which is kind  of a hippie version of ours except she believes in reincarnation. Yes Hare Krishna is a religion not just a song Jake used to sing. She is super into it. She loves the book of mormon and she loves missionaries. She basically flat out told us, you can’t convert me. It was a weird lesson but a good one, Sierra and I could basically be best friends.

We ate dinner at Brother and Sister Tanners. We ate by their pool and she fed us cheesecake. We told her that we loved it and she said “That’s good because I have a whole other one for you to take home with you.” So we have a cheesecake in our fridge, well technically half a cheesecake. We are so spoiled by the members.

We were at the church and the O2 sisters locked the keys to the clerk’s office in the clerk’s office. So I used my break in skills and got a credit card and broke into the clerk’s office. I have used my break in skills on my mission  more than any other time.

I studied hymns all week but my favorite was The Day Dawn is Breaking. Oh beautiful day of peace and rest! Oh beautiful bright millennial day. We had transfer calls, I am going to miss those humans who are leaving us, they have become my family. Sister Henrie is the best.  I have a new zone leader named Elder Dalley, so that will be fun.

I made some homemade bread for some Elders I bribed to come help us for some service. We worked hard all week trying to find people - taking opportunities and planting seeds.

In RS I was impressed to share the Why we share this gospel, because we love him! I showed the video Feed My Sheep. It was awesome because for the lesson we watched a BYU Idaho devotional titled Feed My Sheep which was all about God’s love and service. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

We got up this morning and went to fish on the pier. I touched a pelican. We will be signing transfer journals and saying goodbye to some good friends.

I love you all so very much! God loves you all so very much! I hope you all have an amazing week and feel as blessed and loved as I do.
Bye!
Sister Dalley
josie.dalley@myldsmail.net


No comments:

Post a Comment