Sunday, August 12, 2018

Temecula is Hot!

Hello everyone! How are you all doing? I am doing great! Holy cow, has it been a whole week already? This week went by very fast. Hello from Temecula, California. It is definitely different from Carlsbad but it is another great day in paradise, it is another place of paradise, it is the best!


This area is just so hot! I got here on Tuesday. I stepped out of the member’s car and literally walked into an oven. They say in the last couple of weeks it has gotten up to 120 which is hot especially when I am used to 75 at Carlsbad.This week it got up to 106. It is just very hot but I love it here.


M - Pday laundry and transfer book signing.  It is like yearbook signing. Just saying goodbye to everybody. It is pretty sad actually.   I said goodbye at FHE which was also sad.


I went to say goodbye to Andi, one of our members and she made me creme brulee. I said goodbye to the Gundersons. I am going to miss that ward and that area.


T - I said goodbye to Sister Miles :(  
The, I met Sister Stoddard, I love her already and I am so excited to work with her in this area and get started.
W - Happy August, holy cow. Zone greet. Tons of fun and tons of great people. I am so excited to be working with them. Our Zone theme is in Nehemia v 10, the end says “the joy of the Lord is your strength.” I love it for it is about joy. Finding joy in the work and being happy while we do the work. It was hot that day, so hot, it is going to be fun. It is super cool, amazing people, I am so excited to be working here.


Th - We live about 2 miles outside of our area so we decided to walk into our church. On our way we contacted and passed out a Book of Mormon to a guy named Tay. Hoy cow! I can’t say it enough, Temecula is hot! I feel like I might say this for the whole time I am here. It is hecka-hot! We cleaned up our area book. I am excited! It is going to be great! We went by a few people with interest and members. It is hard to learn a new area - I feel like a greenie again.


F - We went to do service. We have a blast!


We did our weekly planning. I am trying to learn about everyone who I will be working with and for. It will be good. YSAs are so different than the family ward but I am loving the family ward. It is so much fun! We had a lesson at the church with a recent convert, Guy, he literally looks, talks and acts like Elvis. We talked about God’s commandments especially about the Word of Wisdom. Every sentence he adds, “Let me tell you, my friends …” He is so funny. He is so cool! He has a super strong testimony. We walked the two miles back to our apartment. I loved it!


Sister Stoddard and I are already super good friends already. We learned so much about each other. Which is so much fun!

S - It was awesome! The 4th was my mission grandma, Sister Sweetwood’s birthday. I love my mission grandma, she is so cute! Congrats to Keeley and Nelson for getting married. I am so happy for them!


Also, Happy Birthday to my family! It was my parents’ anniversary so therefore my family’s birthday. It was a great great day! A lot of landmarks, a lot of awesomeness!


That day was awesome. We went to a zone breakfast at the stake president's house. It was super fun! Here, the members are super duper missionary work driven.  They love us missionaries and help us in any way they can.


We then, as a whole zone sang Called to Serve, and man, have you ever heard a whole bunch of missionaries sing Called to Serve together? Chills!


I finally got my bike. After our studies, we went different people with interest houses and members.  Sister Stoddard’s back brake broke. So I finally got a bike and then her bike broke. We had to have a member come pick us up but while we were waiting we were tracting which is fun. We get to meet a bunch of really cool people that way.


Su - We walked to church because sister Stoddard’s bike was broken. I got to meet a lot people and it was testimony meeting so I got to see a lot of people that way. I love this ward, they are so great! We went to a meeting with the Ward Mission Leader. It was really good. I love that we all get to work together to do missionary work. It is so great!


One of our members fixed Sister Stoddard’s bike while we were at our meeting. He is the best. We rode our bikes to dinner at the RS presidents home where I met a little girl whose first name is Merry and middle name is Christmas. She is the cutest thing ever with strawberry red hair. She gave me a little bahama penny and told me she loved me.


We stopped in at a potential persons home, Josh and Ayu. He invited us in and we taught him the gospel of Jesus Christ and pick him up as a new person to teach.
While I have been here in the last week we have picked up three people to teach which is so great. You know how hard it was to find people to teach in my last area. It is so much fun! He is super interested. He has a daughter who is 7 months old who he wants to raise in a religion with good moral standards.
The rest of the day was full of contacting and tracting - working hard and having fun!



That was my week. It just went by so fast!
I just love you all so much!


Sister Dalley

sisterjosiedalley.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Belief is the reason we go on a mission. It is the motive for preaching about Christ and sharing/Proclaiming his love. Faith is understanding we are children of God and our Heavenly Father. May this defined and explained and Meaning of faith bless you in life. Faith is defined again and because faith has an inherent joy it gives us a solid foundation that we finally have the peace we have been searching For.

    "Many believer's feed themselves on what God hasn't done. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I create the atmosphere for the spirit of offense to arise and to thrive. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I legitimize unbelief. I live with a sense of justification, for not believing God.

    Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance. even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance

    Heaven is a place where everyone is celebrated, some are more honored but everyone is celebrated. All men and all women shall be judged on the light which they have received. Heaven is a permissible culture. God's nature is eternally permissible. These statements protect us from credit.

    Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance, even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done. Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance. Faith doesn't deny a problems existence, it denies it's influence. He or she was someone whom aridity and desolation never disturbed for he or she had a deeply rooted, and a vigorous faith.

    Now we can act as we have always dreamed. Now we can act as we have always been. Now we can step into the light and gather the sunlight instead of blocking out our possibilities. Instead of blocking out our joy. Variety will bloom in/under the sun. We can show off our best, we can enjoy other people's gifts. We can blossom where we stand upon the joy that faith provides us. Upon the joy that faith inherently has, which blossoms the entire field of flowers"

    .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDYaxabUfkA - The Definition of Faith

    ReplyDelete