Sunday, September 9, 2018

Alejandra Mariah and Vida

Hello Everybody,

Monday - Pday and a zone bbq at a member’s house where we ate and played volleyball, basketball and ping pong
and then a ward family party in the park. It was a blast. So much love.


Tuesday - District council. I love district council. We learned about contacting and how to answer questions on the spot that people throw at us. We are all just really good friends and work together well so it was fun. We went to work and contacted people which is always a blast. Dinner with the Jones family at Macaroni Grill. I was a super good day.

Wednesday - What a day! We went to service at the food pantry which is always a blast and then to a place called ReStore. We moved from a warehouse to a storage unit. We went to work going by a bunch of peoples’ houses. A little funny, we went by a home where lights were on and the tv was on and when we knocked some of the lights turned off. I could tell someone was standing by the window so I waved. The next thing we knew the rest of the lights and the tv went off and the bolt on the door locked. Clink. We laughed so hard and decided we should choose another time to stop by. That is what happens sometimes.

Thursday - We read a lesson with Alejandra called families and family history work. We set dates to do family history work and a date to go to the temple. We get to go with her. I am so excited for her! Woot! We met a really cool guy, Jake, who is a marine. His sister is a convert so he had gone to church with her and had nothing but praise for the members but says it isn’t for him. He doesn’t know, the church is for everyone. Maybe someday.  We went by many other houses. Working hard, having fun.

Friday - What a wonderful day! We did weekly planning. It takes so long. As you may have noticed, I did not talk about Tiffany’s baptism. It was supposed to be this Friday in the Carlsbad YSA. I called Sister Miles and Sister Eyre and Sister Jacobsen. They informed me that Tiffany was ghosting them which means she stopped talking to them, stopped answering them. She basically fell off the face of the earth and ghosted the sisters there. So she did not get baptized and is moving so probably won’t. Basically, my heart is broken. I never knew what missionaries meant when they tried to explain how they felt when someone who knew the church is true and had experiences to build their testimony and still chose to go against it. Kind of sad about that. I love her so much and hope she finds it again someday.

I studied the hymn I Need thee Every Hour. I love this hymn. It has never been so real to me before out here on the mission because I do need him every hour.

Saturday - I love studies and constantly learning. We went to Alejandra’s house. We started at ground zero, basically with her, then her parents and her grandparents. When we left she had five names for the temple. We were so excited for her. She kept saying how happy she is. She is so excited to go to the temple and do temple work for her family members.
We met with a member, Mariah, a freshman in high school. Her parents are not active but she is a little missionary. She invited her friend Sophia to her talk in sacrament meeting. Sophia asked the bishop after church if she could be baptized. We are trying to work with her parents to give us permission to meet with her. She also invited a friend to seminary with her. She is awesome. She is so cute.

Sunday - I love Sunday! I love fasting. It is really hard to fast on a bike though. Vida came to church and brought her less active husband. He came and we were so excited. She had a baptism date set for September 1st but we all felt it was good to push that date back a bit. I had never met her husband and he was so cool. I also saw JJ. She walked into our church and I attacked her. It was so much fun. I was so happy. Little blessing. Her mom’s cousin is in our area. I love you JJ.
We went to work talking to people and sharing the goodness of the gospel. We did a new member lesson with Steve. It was super good and spirit filled. After dinner we went to a lesson with the Johnsons, Bishop Johnson. His wife used to be the volleyball coach at American Fork high school. We talked a lot about faith and how to keep your faith and to prioritize church and the blessings that can come from making church a priority.

This week flew by. I am loving it out here. I love everything I do. So happy!

Thanks for all you guys do for me. I love you.

Today is September 3rd, my little brother Cade’s birthday, but he is not little - he is much taller than me so - Booger, Happy Birthday! Cade I hope you have an awesome birthday.

I love you all, praying for you all, have an amazing week!
Love you, love you, bye

No comments:

Post a Comment