Monday, August 27, 2018

Rain, Elvis and Angels in Temecula

Hello everybody. I am so happy to be here right now.

M - We did our cleaning exercising and shopping.
We went to Everbowl for Acai. I don’t think I have ever had as many acai bowls as I have out here but they are amazing. We emailed and played volleyball at the church. I also taught Elder Borgess how to do a breakdancing windmill, he almost has it but it was really funny.

Later we had a lesson with Josh. We taught him the plan of salvation and it was kind of weird. It didn’t seem like he believed any of it. He thought it was interesting. We have another lesson planned we will see how that goes but it will take a lot of faith on his part. We practiced our song for zone conference.

T - Went to zone conference. I love zone conference. We talked about Joseph Smith, revelation, the spirit. It was so good. It was so fun. I absolutely loved it. We kind of took the time to get to know who Joseph Smith was and what he did. Even though we have heard these things countless times before and we teach it every day. I love learning more. We also sang our song. I got to see a bunch of my friends.It was just a spiritual day.


We went to dinner with brother Johnson (former bishop) and his daughters and had a lesson with his daughters. Then we went to work going by houses of people with interest. I love what I do.

W - such a great day. We went to service at the food pantry. Right as we were about to leave the guy who runs it found a dead rat. He asked us to stay and help him. We had to go through tons of crates and determine what was good and what was bad. It was nasty!

We came home and got ready and then went to a park with Alejandra and painted. We had these papers out and painted and were in a comfortable environment for her to just talk and ask questions and express her concerns. It was really good.

We went to the area where we were going to have dinner and began tracting and door after door was NO. Finally we knocked on the door of the house next to the house we were supposed to have dinner and the lady came out of her back yard. We ended up talking with her and gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon. She decided she could ask sister Baker her next door neighbor more about the church. It made me happy that sister Baker is a friend she trusts and now can be a missionary to her neighbor.

We were contacting. We were about to head home and decided to contact one more guy.  He asked “What are you guys doing?” and “What is the difference between your church and others?” These are two golden questions. We were able to talk to him about eternal families and revelation and the plan of salvation and mostly the Book of Mormon. He took a Book of Mormon and information and told us we can come teach him. Woot!

Th - another amazing day! I feel liek that could basically be my heading for every single day of my mission. I feel so redundant. During studies I was reminded of the instance with the basher and the Book of Mormon a while ago.  So I turned to Alma 33:5-14 and remembered it being an answer to my prayers. That is what studies do, they remind me what I know and the tender mercy that scripture was.

WE went to BOM studies with Alejandra. We studied Alma 32 which talks a lot about faith. We talked about faith. She said “your enthusiasm and excitement for the scriptures just makes me want to learn more and makes me excited to read.” Keep praying for Alejandra. She said our meeting with her is helping her testimony. We talked to her about Patriarchal blessings and temples. While we were meeting with her it started raining … like WHAT? It never rains in Temecula. WE were so happy we went out and danced in the rain.

We went out and worked and ran out into an older Filipino man who was a corpsman for the Navy so he tried to recruit us for almost 45 minutes. That was a good day! We have way to much fun! I love it!

F- Friday was great! I love the missionary life.  We got picked up by the other sisters to go do service out of an older non member crazy lady's house. She is super fit. My grandma and her could have a wrestling match. Sheis something. We did tons of stuff there - we broke up concrete with a sledge hammer and trimmed hedges and raked leaves. Then we went to get icees as a district because that is who was there.


After dinner we went to a lesson with Guy and I got a picture. All I can tell you is I TOLD YOU - he looks like Elvis, he tries hard to look like Elvis and he talks about Elvis all the time. He is so funny.





Saturday - What a day! We rode our bikes up many hills to get to a golf course to help set up for a member’s son’s wedding reception. She had us stay there as greeters. She is the most missionary minded person I know. She said, “I need you to stay because I want you introduce yourselves to all the non-members who will be coming in.” That was dinner too. It was a beautiful reception. It was all approved, don’t fret, we asked.

Congrats to my cousin Josh Dalley! I am so happy for you and am excited to meet my new cousin Annee. Welcome to the family! Congrats you two.




Su - Church is always the best! We studied and then went and tracted. We like to drop off our bikes and then tract around their neighbor’s houses until dinner time. At dinner, they have a daughter with a disability named Brittany. I am not sure what it is but she is perfectly able to talk although it is a little hard to understand her. Her mom was telling me of many stories where Brittany is able to see angels. It was so sweet - during dinner Brittany looked at me and said, “You had a friend die.” I answered that yes I did because Cole passed away recently. She then said ”It is good you were here. It would have been much harder for you if you were there. He loves you. Do you need a tissue?” I answered that I did because tears were streaming down my face. It was a really sweet experience.

Today the 20th it is my dear friend Nickmo’s birthday. Happy birthday! You are a role model for me!

I hope you have a fantastic week this week because I know that I will (ya Jake). I love you. I know God loves you.
Love you love you bye!
Sister Dalley

sisterjosiedalley.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment