Sunday, November 18, 2018

Bryant is getting Baptized!

Sister Walters basically in Winter Clothes and I am still feeling like it is Summer
Bryant drew a picture of me
This dude just returned from serving with Elder Matthew Cordner


Hello friends and family. Happy Veterans day. Thank you to all who sacrificed so much for our amazing country. You are loved.
Happy November!
Mon - Pday - busy ok day. Laundry, emailing, shopping, volleyball at the church and I tumbled with Hermana McCrae - I got my roundoff back handspring and aerial back. We practiced our song for zone conference. We decided we hadn’t seen Leslie for a while so we went to visit with her and she told us why she is so busy. We were like ok we realize you have a life outside of meeting with us. We were able to chat with her and set up a return appointment which is great. Working made me so happy.


Tues - One month until I am twenty. I do not feel old enough to be 20. We went to help Wendy clean, she had surgery six weeks ago, her house had not been cleaned since so we spent most the day with her. She is also going through a rough time so we were just there for her. She shared her mission stories with us as we swept and mopped, scrubbed sinks and toilets, washed mirrors and windows. Then when we were finished she took us to dinner. Then we went to practice our song again with the sisters. While we were practicing I sat on the wall beside the podium and fell off backward and hooked my legs just in time but my whole body was dangling down so the sisters had to pull me up before I fell on my head. They were laughing so hard they had a rough time pulling me up. It was so scary! I had a hard time singing after that. Respect the chapel and don’t sit on the walls by the microphone.


Wed - was beautiful. It was simple and straightforward. WE got to go to the food pantry and work with the amazing people there. we did our studies. Nothing makes me happier than studying the gospel. We went to  work finding the less actives and new people to teach.


Thurs - Happy Birthday to Sarah and James Louder. Happy Birthday guys, I love you. We went to the building early and practiced our song one more time before singing for zone conference. I looked down when I got there and realized I didn’t have my nametag on. Sister Welker had a spare nametag so I was sister Welker for a day. I felt better with a nametag on instead of being a normal civilian. I learned so much at zone conference. All growing up  I heard about missionaries and zone conference but I never understood the power of zone conference until I have sat in them. It is truly amazing. We receive revelation, we grow and learn and get spiritually charged to go out and teach and save souls.


President Thomas stressed how the spirit is directing this work and how we should DO missionary work. D&C 9:7 - we did not meet our mission goal so he asked us to think what we could have and should have DONE better - her reminded us that instead of just asking we need to DO more. D7C 98:3 - he giveth this promise … all things shall work together for thy good - look for the positive and ask what can we learn. I love President Thomas.


Sister Thomas talked about shepherding souls. She had us turn to Luke 15:7 and 10 - joy in heaven over one sinner that repenteth - we are so loved by our Father in Heaven and even by the angels - she challenged us to go after those souls. We are finding lost sheep. They are lost because they already followed Jesus Christ and accepted this plan, but down here they are lost. We get to help them find their way back. We turned to John 21 when Jesus asked Peter to feed his lambs and sheep. I have heard this story countless times. I have always taken it as oh I need to do this but we were asked by sister Thomas, “Do you love your life at home more than his sheep?” When we are distracted we hinder His work. We left our nets, we have this calling to be missionaries, not just for two years or 18 months, our calling as a missionary is for life. We can’t go back to our previous lives. We should continue in his work.


We went to work and found less active members.


Friday - a good day, we went on a walk, so great, I love nature.
We went to a lesson with Vida. On our way, sister Walter’s chain fell off so she fell off. So we showed up with Sister Walter’s banged up and me covered with bike grease. We did not set her back on date because she wants to get off coffee before we put her back on date.


We went to more less active homes and potentials and set up return appointments. We went to dinner with Desi. I love her, she is one of my favorites.


Sat - crazy busy and crazy fun day. We went to breakfast with the first counselor in the mission presidency’s and his wife at his home. We went to a lesson with Bryant. Remember he is 12. His cousin Angie was there and he said, “Angie, come listen, come learn, you’ll love it.” That is Bryant. Angie asked us tons of questions about baptism. Vida said she is ok if he gets baptized first and without her because he is ready. His date is the 17th of November.


The Rebar’s fed us salmon for dinner, are you jealous Elder Jake? I actually loved it.


We went to the church and watched the light the world video. Sister Seipert, you are in the Light the World video. I saw you and I freaked out.


Sunday, Nov 11, happy birthday Jaxon! Bryant came to church and looked so great in his suit jacket. We have very many people who are having a hard time accepting that we cannot eat with members anymore.


We went to a lesson with Bryant again and he invited Angie again. They are so special. Bryant does an amazing job - we introduce topics and he will listen to what we say and he repeats it in a way that he understands it. Angie said her first vocal prayer, it was more of a whisper, she whispered it in my ear. This kid is twelve, he is amazing and I learn so much each time we meet with him. Angie is so sweet and participates and reads the scriptures. After our lesson Bryant came with us to a fireside about patriarchal blessings. It was so great! The patriarch said the common thing about all blessings is love, it is all about love, they are filled with love.


I love you all. I am praying for all of you. Welcome home to Elder Britsch. Returned with honor. You are awesome.


Have an amazing week.
Love you, love you, bye.
Sister Dalley



sisterjosiedalley.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment