Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Happy November!

Hello, it is Sister Dalley. This is going to be quick because my last one was way too long.
Monday - We did our morning pday stuff and then went to play volleyball and basketball at the church and email.

Thank you Julie Britsch for sending me leaves. I love fall and the pretty fall colors. We went to the Phillip’s house for dinner and said goodbye to Abraham who is going to the Spain Madrid mission. He had a bunch of friends over, some members and some non members and us.

Tuesday - We did a bunch of phone work with less active members and then went out to talk to them. If they weren’t there we talked to people who were. We went to dinner at the Hyatts and then to ward correlation. It was super good and we got a lot done.

Wednesday - Happy Halloween everyone. Guess what I was this year, I was a sister missionary. To start off that day, we went to the food pantry. I love it so so so much. There is a less active couple that works at the food pantry. We have made a little friendship there so maybe someday they will come back. We visited another less active member, Cynthia, and we just chatted. She is so sweet but works on the weekends. She still wants to be part of the church.
We had to be off the streets by 5. So we went to the church and had dinner as a zone. We had a devotional and then played games.

Thursday, Nov 1 - Happy Birthday Tay Tay, my brother in law. I hope you were spoiled. To everyone else, Happy November. I got to celebrate too, but in a different way. We got to go to the temple. It was so amazing. On our way there, I got a phone call from my long lost cousin and assistant to the president Elder Dalley. He asked me to do a musical number for zone conference. I have no idea where it says I have musical abilities because I don’t but this will be my third time singing at zone conference.

It was about a two hour drive with traffic to the temple. Then we were there! I love that beautiful place. One of the sisters brought names so we did initiatories. That was the first time doing initiatories since my own. It was so beautiful, I love it so much. It was a great reminder of my blessings and the promises given to me. I loved it so so much! There is an atrium in the celestial room so we spent an hour in there. We also were shown sealing rooms and the brides room because we became good friends with the lady there. So much love and beauty, it makes me feel energized. I feel light and joy and beauty and love, so great. While I was there, someone said, the temple is the university for eternity. I was given advice by a friend once to never go to the temple without a question. So I brought questions and my goodness it works. I felt so close. I love feeling God’s love through the spirit. I believe Jesus Christ walks the halls of the temple. It is his house isn’t it? Light love peace joy promises - TEMPLE! I love it.

We took pics with the district and my sistas and went to Deseret Book and then I got a num vegan salad at whole foods. I can just see my brother Jake cringing. We chose a song to sing for Zone conference and started practicing it.

Friday - It was great! We went and sang and practiced with the sisters. It is my favorite thing to do… not really but I am happy they are willing to ask me to do things.

We had a lesson with Julie Austin Charlie and Ethan. We read 2 Nephi 31 and talked about baptism. We were like “oh, there is a baptism tomorrow, do you want to come?” and they said yes.

Saturday - We had zone breakfast with our stake presidency. The Elders were having a baptism so Julie, Austin, Ethan and Charlie came and loved it and asked questions. Julie said she is so interested in the church because her son and her brother in law is a member. She lived in Utah and everyone was kind to her. She is so interested in learning more.

We are going to be watching general conference with them. She said, “If I know it is true, I potentially want to join.” We were like “Ya, that is why we are here. “ They loved the baptism and we gave them a little church tour.

We went out and worked after the baptism. We were following navigation and walking to a less active members house. We were walking and following the navigation. The navigation said, “You are here.” We looked up and we were at Baked Bear, the ice cream store. So instead of teaching a lesson, we had ice cream.

Sunday - Church was great! Then we went to visit sister Darlene. She is so cute, we just love her. We like to stop by because she is our friend at the assisted living center. We Went to dinner at the Tullis’s and then went to YW in Excellence to support the YW. Afterward we went and practiced our song.

I have been doing the challenge to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. It has been good. I love the speed of the reading. It helps me connect things. Everything flows together and makes sense. It is super cool. If you aren’t doing it, I encourage you to do it.

That is my week. I love you and I hope you all are doing great. You are all amazing and I am so grateful for all of you. See you.
Love you, love you, bye.
Sister Dalley


No comments:

Post a Comment