Sunday, November 25, 2018

Bryant was Baptized!

Hello beautiful people of the world. How are you doing. As you can guess I am doing fantastic. I am having the time of my life out here. I don’t mean that as fun but life is beautiful out here life is amazing out here.

Last Mon - pday- It was a really good day. After our laundry and emailing we went to a member’s house who has sand volleyball courts, basketball, tennis, pickleball and golf. It was our zone activity and it was a blast. We then went to out ward FHE. We got to know a bunch of our members more and share a message about Thanksgiving.

Tues Nov 13, nine months until I go home, I am on the tipity top part of a roller coaster, I am up at the top but now comes the most amazing part that you are just giddy for. We had president interviews. I love president and he is just amazing. He really is inspired. He and I have so many good laughs and so many spiritual moments in our interviews. We laugh and cry. I sustain that man.
We rode up to our lesson with Bryant. It was his last one, laws and ordinances. He was so excited to follow Jesus.

The next day we helped Vida and talked with her. She has decided to substitute juicing for her coffee. She is excited for Bryant and we could tell she wished she could get baptized on Saturday too but she didn’t want to hold him back anymore. Please keep praying for her. She just needs to get past this addiction so she can come into the fold because that is where she wants to be.

Bryant had his baptismal interview and he passed with flying colors. He gave us high fives.

Thursday after exercise we went to do government commodities at the food pantry. We love that place and those people. It was really great to help people for Thanksgiving. Everybody deserves to have a happy holiday.

We came home and studied. We are so busy that sometimes our studies get pushed but I love it when we can sit and have a good study. We are usually just running. God does not have a time boundary but we do so we just have to keep up with him and his work.
We worked a complex to find some of our less active people. One, Pia said she was baptized many years ago but does not have much knowledge about the gospel. She has been having many challenges and trials. She said she was angry and crying and praying and right then we knocked. She thought, “that must be the missionaries.” She didn’t want to answer. We knocked on the door three times while she watched us talk and laugh with each other through the peep hole. We usually walk away but just had stayed and chatted with each other. She finally opened the door. We said, “You must be Pia, what can we do for you?” and she just broke down and started crying. She told us that she wants to take the discussions again so she can learn about it again. She wants to learn and wants her nonmember boyfriend to join us. So woot woot for that. I know that we needed to go there and I love it. I will go where you want me to go dear Lord.

We also knocked on a door. He immediately started laugh because he is an inactive return missionary with a daughter who just turned nine and is not baptized. He had just moved into the area and had just said, “I wonder how long it will take for the missionaries to find us” and there we were. He was kind but not super open but I know we needed to find him. I just love how God puts us in places where we are need and where god wants us. We know we are on His errand and are sent to his lost sheep. I love it. I wish I could put you in my pocket to experience this with me.

Friday - tennis and studies and then we helped a pregnant sister clean her house. She was having cravings so she took us to a sushi house. It was amazing! It was so good! I love sushi. We rode home, made cookies and planned for the baptism.

Nov 17 Saturday - oh my heart! It will always have a special place in my heart because one of my best friends became a brother in the gospel. We finished the cookies then rode to the stake center where we set everything up for the baptism. His less active dad came and his best friends came to support him. He was so nervous but he was so excited. When he came up out of the water he was just smiling. The spirit was so strong. I am so happy. He is just so sweet!

After the baptism we went to work with a new vigor. Baptisms are truly energizing.

We went to a fiesta with the hermanas and I saw mi bella! My 91 year old grandma her wanted pictures so we took them. She pats my cheeks while I try to speak spanish saying te amo hermana, te amo!

Sunday, Bryant was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Vida, loved it all and many came up to her asking if she was next. She just answered “Yes, yes I am!”
For RS sister Crisp gave a lesson on President Eyring’s talk “Try, try, try” I cried and Brittany my disabled friend who sat by me held my hand and cried with me. I love the hymn he talked about “I am trying to be like Jesus.” Hymns are powerful.

We went to work for the rest of the day. I just love my life as a missionary and I never want it to end. It all goes by so fast. It is killing me. I know all my missionary friends are laughing at me especially my brotha Jake. I feel like a greenie but feel like I have been her forever. Thank you for being so supportive of me. I love you and pray for you all. I hope you are happy and are truly seeking the joy that comes from being obedient to God. Something I have found out here is true joy. In the bible dictionary, joy is linked to obedience. Truly seeking to be obedient and trying to be like jesus brings that joy. I love this church and this gospel. I love people and love to spend my life talking to people and bringing people closer to Christ. Seeing bryant baptized and confirmed just made me so happy and grateful to part of his journey. I have already witnessed how much it has and will affect his life.

Have an amazing Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for Jesus Christ my savior and his atonement. I am thankful for this gospel. Have a fantastic week.

Love you, love you, Bye
Sister Dalley

josie.dalley@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment