Sunday, February 17, 2019

Happy Valentines Day!

Hi, hello everyone!
First thing is a new announcement, my missionary email is no longer josie.dalley@myldsmail.net. It is now josie.dalley@missionary.org.
They said that all my emails that are sent to my old myldsmail.net will be forwarded to my missionary.org email for a little while so no stress.  But if you want to email me, use missionary.org.


This coming Wednesday we are going to the temple! I'm going to God's house and so excited.


Monday we did laundry and then we went to Zumba - super fun and different.  We're trying always to find different ways to exercise.


For P-day we went to a guy’s house and we played a bunch of games as a Zone. He has a bunch of old games that have been around for a long time or there's like only a couple of them in the world. It was really cool. We had a blast.


When we came home we received a text from a guy, Dan, asking if we’d give him a call. We called Dan on the phone and he started talking about how he had met with sisters in the past. We asked if he’d ever been to church. Dan was like “I've been to many churches.” We taught him a lesson why it is important to come to our church. It was awesome and really interesting. By the time we got done with our lesson with Dan on the phone he committed to come to church.


We did a prepare to learn because a seventy is coming here, Elder Klebingat from Germany. We're having a special Zone conference even though we've already had one this transfer.


Then we had our president interviews. He invited us to bring a lie, a half truth and a distortion satan tells us. He also invited us to bring our scriptures. He asked us to share with him our lie, half truth and distortion and we looked up doctrine in the scriptures to disprove these and find what was keeping us from being our best. I looked in my scriptures and he looked in his and we both came up with doctrine proving it wrong. It is a really cool experience and everyone needs to learn how to do this because there are so many half-truth lies and distortions that Satan tells all of us every single day.


As an example. My half truth was that every day I get back home I worry I am not doing enough even though I am working super hard. I worry I did not testify enough, invite enough, search enough. We get home exhausted and do a lot of amazing things as a missionary but I worry I could have done something more. I shared this with President and he asked me, “sister Dalley you've been out for a year , right?” I answered yes and he asked, “how exhausted are you?”  I answered, “I'm dead tired.” He said, “dead but still bouncy!”


We went on a scripture hunt together and we both ended up finding the same scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants 10:4 which says, ”do not run faster or labor more than you have strength” and it also says “but be diligent unto the end.” President said, “It is a great problem to have to always want to do more. I am not telling you to not want to do more. I am just telling you not to kill yourself. Have you ever thought you have done enough?” I answered “no, I guess I always tell myself it is not enough but to do more.” He told me to be proud of myself and realize how much God appreciates what I do.


It was a really powerful experience. He suggested every time we find these lies we should write them down and then find all the doctrine that counters them in the scriptures. I want to invite all of you to do this. It is powerful and unique and not a hard thing to do.


I love President, he is amazing.


Later, we went over to this Senior Living Center and and we painted nails. The sweet old lady whose nails I painted did not know English and only spoke Spanish. It was fun trying to talk to her cuz my Spanish skills are really rusty recently.
We went tracting and knocked on a door and started talking to a lady who is Born Again Christian. We discussed the differences in our religions. She knew we believe that the family is really important and are of God and she did not believe that. This made me sad because you guys, my family, are the most important thing to me. You are my rock. My religion is the most important thing but it teaches of the importance of family. I am so happy I know the truth.
She told us we believed in the wrong Jesus and were going to hell. Even though I get told that multiple times everyday, for some reason it struck us as funny. We could not compose ourselves and ended up just getting off her porch because we could not stop laughing. We did not want to disrespect her but ya, that happened.

We as missionaries are here to invite people to come unto Christ and the Come Follow Me is perfect because we are all invited to follow Christ. Some inactive members who  haven’t been as open to talking about religion are willing to go through it with us.


We went to froyo to celebrate Sister Brigg’s little cousin Rory, who passed away about a year ago. It was her birthday on February 6th along with Evan. Evan, happy birthday, you're awesome. Keep killing it in Nevada.










February 7th Happy birthday, Sadee! I can't believe you been married almost 4 years and have an infant. What the heck! Also, happy birthday to my uncle's Jace and Uncle Mike - all the birthday buddies!

We went to service at cultivating inclusion where we are basically working on an orchard and Garden. The garden is really beautiful and I love it because it reminds me of my dad. We cleaned up branches that we had cut down the week before. We met two girls Kyla and Veronica, and talked to them and ended up giving them a copy of the book Mormon and inviting them to read it and then getting their numbers.


I love how natural it is to talk about the gospel, like how easy it is. I just love it. Then there's this kid, Braxton, he's 18 and I talked about him a couple weeks ago. He came too and we ended up giving him a Book of Mormon because he was asking us so many questions about being missionaries.


February 9th We went to clean the church with our youth and some of the presidencies Elder’s quorum and Relief Society. It was really fun super awesome the kids are great. We did our studies and then we went to work contacting and meeting people. It is really interesting, we knocked on 20 houses and only two people answered. We were able to have really good conversations with those two people. One of them was a girl who is 17 and she is on the National Water Polo team. She was really cool and talked about religion. She told us that her the way her family works with religion is - each of them decide. Her dad and her twin read the bible everyday and she doesn’t. She said, “I just haven't found something that works for me” and we were like hey let us introduce you to this.


We met Gary who opened up the garage and pulled out his copy of the Book of Mormon and showed us all the signatures are missionaries that had to come by and talk to him in the past.  We don't know why he hasn't been baptized but he was really cool. While we were there he actually taught us how to make bullets. It is really cool and he let us make a couple and keep them. They are not full of powder so it will not ever go off.


We went to dinner with the Williams. They're a super cool family/ They're so funny. We were able to eat with them and get to know them better. They lived in Brigham City Utah so we talked a lot about Utah. She's so sweet, she made homemade chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles which was so good.
I just got on in District correlation it was up to me to what I wanted to talk about and so I prepared a discussion based on power and authority. When you look at the scriptures, all over the Book of Mormon, it talks about how they taught with power and authority. Elder Holland says missionaries seldom teach with power or authority. It comes with inviting people.
A scripture in Helaman 5:18 says,
18 And it came to pass that Nephi and Lehi did preach unto the Lamanites with such great power and authority, for they had power and authority given unto them that they might aspeak, and they also had what they should speak given unto them—
 19 Therefore they did speak unto the great astonishment of the Lamanites, to the convincing them, insomuch that there were eight thousand of the Lamanites who were in the land of Zarahemla and round about abaptized unto repentance, and were convinced of the bwickedness of the ctraditions of their fathers.


Something that we discussed I was the fact that much of the book Alma and Helaman wasvthem fighting over this land. There were so many years and so many wars and so much carnage and bloodshed going on. Yet after Nephi and Lehi taught with Power and Authority, in the last verse of this chapter, it says “and it came to pass that they did yeild up to the Nephites the lands of their possession.”


So I thought it was super amazing that what the sword couldn't do in in years, the word of God and the gospel changed these people. So that's what can happen when we teach with power and authority.


February 10th Sunday was ward conference. It's really cool cuz we were able to sustain the prophet and the first presidency and all of our leaders. I love our leaders of the church.


We had a linger longer Munch and mingle donut social thing I got to meet a lot of the members and talk to them. We went to Smedley's and they gave us oranges and bananas and grapefruit. We got a call from a member her house had flooded and they had found out that she was living in mold. She called us and said, “I am kind of desperate I need to move out of my house today.” So we helped and a pack of her house and move her into her new house on Sunday. We were really tired but after that.


So that was my week. It was really great week with great experiences and lots of things happening.


I hope you all had a fantastic week yourselves and doing good things!


Hannah, State Swim! I'm so proud of you!
I thought that was the sweetest thing about about wearing Cole’s name on on your shoulders. That made me cry. Congrats boys for winning again! That is so great! I'm so proud of you all! And the girls taking second! You are all amazing! Also, Boyd, I hear you got your Mission call to Texas, super excited for you! Congratulations!
I love you all so much and am super proud of you!


Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you have a great week.
Love you love you bye
Sister Dalley

sisterjosiedalley.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment