Sunday, March 31, 2019

Murrieta in March

I can’t believe it is another Monday and I can’t believe I am talking to you again. We went on a hike, Santa Rosa plateau, they have thermal pools.
We had zone conference. It was so amazing. It was all about repentance and inviting people to repentance and how repentance is a key to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Some people want to avoid or skip over repentance because it may seem like a negative or condemning thing. We focused on repentance as a gift. President Thomas reminded us we invite people to repent because we love them. This invitation shows love. I learned so much that day. I always leave zone conference with a burning desire to just do it. So we cried repentance to the people from that time forth.
We taught Dora and answered a bunch of her questions.

We went on exchanges. Me and Sister Eyre came out together. We were in the same MTC district and the same mission prep class at BYUI. It was so fun to catch up and work with her. We got to go and work and see miracles together.
We contacted people, tracted and knocked on potential doors. Before dinner we had picked up three people to teach. Joey, loves church and accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon. Brenda, is religious, has her family with her and would like to learn more. And the third person is Dianne. We talked to her for 20 - 30 minutes about Jesus Christ, his miracles and his love. Everything we said she agreed with. It was super amazing because we could see how prepared Dianne is. She loved it and loves us and she wants us to come back. We are excited to teach her and talk to her.

We went to the hospital to visit Grammy, Jane McFee. She is in her third time going through breast cancer. She is a fighter we love her so much. She is so sweet.

March 14th was our happiness day because it was Beau Richie's birthday. Everyday is a happiness day but that day especially. We focused on making Christ the Center of our lives. I still have that alarm on my phone because of his example.

We helped special needs kids weed the garden at cultivating inclusion. Braxton is always there and asks us about mission life. We got to go to the Fronk’s home and teach them. They are crazy and fun and remind me of my family. We met Hope at the Bleighmayer’s home. I wish you all could meet Hope. She has a few impediments that make her special. Her favorite thing to say is “wahoo.” She makes me happy so we gave her a happi pin. She gave us both a kiss on our cheeks when we left.

We helped at the food pantry and I actually talked about the gospel with one of the workers there. He was amazed I have been serving in California for more than a year without seeing or visiting my family.

We picked up Bobbi, a new person to teach. We showed her a video of Jesus Christ and gave her a Book of Mormon. She is in the Elder’s area but we were able to find her for them to teach.

We returned to visit Beth who Sister Kartchner gave her first copy of the Book of Mormon to, and she said yes she would like us to come and teach. We are super excited about that.

It was a fantastic week, filled with awesomeness. I know I say that every time. We found four new people to teach. We know this area is due for miracles. Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of Heaven. We saw those miracles this week and are excited to see more in the coming weeks.

Because of the rain, there is a butterfly migration going through California. There are literally thousands. There are poppies everywhere. So amazing. Life in California is fantastic, life in general is fantastic! I love the mission. It makes me happy! I love you all very much and am so grateful for your amazing support. I know God loves you too. Have a great week.
Love you, love you, bye!
Sister Dalley
sisterjosiedalley.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment