Sunday, March 31, 2019

The Field is White and Ready to Harvest

Hi, hi, hi! It has already been a week! My goodness, I just want to tell you how good God is. God is so amazing. Right now I am just full of wonder and beauty and energy and light because I just got off a hike in his beautiful creations!


We had our president interviews. Man, I just love president. We were just chatting about missions and life. He asks me what my goal is and I ask him what his goal is. We write our goals each interview and then our next interview we write how that goal went and then write a new goal. My goal for last transfer was to make sacred finding time important, focused and intentional and one of my purposeful speed moments of each day. He read what I wrote and says “Yes!” and I was like “Crunch time!” and he was like “Woot Woot!” We just cracked up. He is so helpful with everything. His challenge to be and my goal as a missionary with president Thomas, he says, “Give me any problem and we can make it happy.” We find scriptures to turn around each situation. I love him, he is an amazing man. We always go over during interviews. His wife also, she was showing us her foot surgery scars and an elder snapped a picture.
We went to service where we painted older ladies’ nails. The lady I helped only spoke Spanish and she laughed at me while I tried to form sentences so I made a resolve to do better about studying Spanish.

This area has not seen a baptism in over a year. We are working hard and the members recognize they need to be part of it. Our job is to give the member’s opportunities to share their testimonies.

March 20th my cousin Tess’s birthday. You’re 21? So old! I hope life is well for you. I love you and miss you very much!

We have a really big ward, one of the biggest in the mission, it is hard to get to know everybody on a personal level.

We went to Cultivating inclusion and got to spend time with Braxton again. He is a trip that kid. He made a comment about how the book of mormon is like the bible. We were amazed he looked at it. He is just trying to get on his feet.

During sacred finding time we found Bonnie. She invited us in and it was her, her husband and her little girl. They invited us in and chatted for a minute. They said they were not religious but knew a lot of members from our church. She mentioned her dad passed away recently. After we talked for a minute and they were like “okay we’ve got to go.” We walked away and knocked on a couple more doors. We were feeling weird and uncomfortable. I wondered what was going on. I had not voiced anything yet but but my sweet companion paused and said, “shoot.” I asked her what and she said, “we have to go back.” I answered “you are right we do.” She was like “Oh no, this is going to be awkward.” I was like “Yes! Missionary work!”

So,  we went back and knocked on Bonnie’s door and taught her a little bit about the plan of Salvation. We shared Alma 40 with them. Bonnie said her daughter was saying to her, “Call them, have them come back, I love them and I want to come back.” That was a great lesson for us. They were still not interested but we planted a seed with Bonnie, her husband and her daughter. Even though nothing came out of it yet, we were able to see the spirit work on us. Even though it was weird or uncomfortable in the eyes of the world, it was amazing. The spirit was so strong. I loved it, it was a great experience. I am grateful for my companion for speaking up.

Many mornings for exercise we go to a park. There is a man, Fin, who doesn’t speak english well that walks the opposite way of us. He greets us with “Good morning, have a great day” while he holds our hands.

We did a district dinner and went on a blitz in the Las Brisas area. The first door we knocked on we found a lady who is religious and we gave her a Book of Mormon. She is out of our area but we had a successful night and gave out a couple of copies of the Book of Mormon.

We went to the Henry’s home. They have a couple of boys. Easton is 18 and has been on a really rocky path but has recently started back on a good path. He was teaching me how to play the Ukulele, so me and Easton jammed. In my setting apart blessing it says there will be many diseased or lost sheep and the first reaction of many will be to run from them, but my first reaction will be to run to them. So, I have seen that a lot on my mission in many different ways but this was definitely one of those times. I love Easton and believe he is good kid. He has a rough path but wants to be good. I love Easton and the Henry Family.

We tracted out a whole street on Saturday and guess what, every single person we talked to wasn’t interested. How great is that? But that is ok because the first thing that we want to hear is “Yes!” We want them to listen to us or make a commitment. The second favorite thing to hear is “No.” Then we don’t waste our time trying to move someone from a “maybe” to a “yes” or an “I don’t know” to a “Yes.” The field is white and ready to harvest. It is not brown and ready to water. It is not barren and ready to plant. It is white. We heard a lot of “No”s and we were happy because we could move on to harvesting.

Sister Henry drove us to Grammy’s house. She was in the hospital last week and they released her this week and put her on hospice. She is declining and is no longer on Chemotherapy and now we just wait. I love her.



We ate dinner with the Blairs. They are both return missionaries and have three little boys and I got a really sticky kiss on my cheek.

It was a fantastic week with so many opportunities to serve and people to talk to and so many amazing experiences. I love this work so much. It is my favorite thing every. I love you all so much and hope you have a fantastic week.

Love you, love you, bye!
Sister Dalley

sisterjosiedalley.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment