Sunday, April 21, 2019

Joy!

I had a fantastic week!

The talk I want to share with you was given by Elder Bednar and it is called “That they might have joy.” I really love this talk because it is all about joy. We can have great joy because of the plan of salvation. He talked about becoming joyful and how we can have that in our countenances. He quoted a lot of hymns and showed how joy is everywhere in the hymns. I have been personally marking everywhere it talks about joy in the scriptures and the hymns.  He said, “We have a simple and sincere message for everyone to come to the savior and find true joy.”

He compares joy and worldly fun. He says that joy is not a fleeting moment or emotion. It is a spiritual gift and state of being and becoming. He talks about joy as a spiritual gift. I personally feel so blessed to have that joy. He taught joy is spiritual, fun is temporal, joy is enduring, fun is temporary, joy is deep and rich, fun is shallow, joy is whole and complete, fun is partial, joy is mortal and eternal, fun is mortal only.” He asked us to never trade eternal

Constantly throughout the talk he said,” Jesus Christ is the source of true joy.” Another quote he said is “I have come to believe one measure of our eternal progress is how much joy we derive from service.” I have personally believed this my whole mission. I have come to see my entire mission as successful not just the times where I was finding or helping someone be baptized but all the times I feel joy which is a fruit of the spirit.

I know that I feel that joy it is not just a blessing for a select few people, it is available to all.  

It is amazing, I love it so much.

I know I am constantly talking about happy I am. It is so true! If you look up joy in the bible dictionary it says obedience.

True obedience brings true joy. We are giving those commandments to give us true joy.

I love you all so much! I am so grateful for all you do for me. I hope you  have an amazing week cuz I know I will.
I hope you loved meeting my members. They sent us a picture and I am amazed how tall Cade is. Is he taller than both Jake and Dad?

Love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment