Monday, May 6, 2019

The Future is as Bright as Your Faith

We have a short pday today and for the next few weeks. We are attending the temple this week and are doing great missionary stuff in the next few weeks. I may be a little sparse.


Pday was awesome we did all our prep and went bowling with our district. We dropped off cookies to friends to give them some extra love. We did some phone work and practiced our song together as a district.
Tuesday practiced our song one more time and then had zone conference.
Zone conference is amazing. We always learn so much and I am able to take away so many things from it. We talked a lot about using the Book of Mormon more in our teaching  with our members, nonmembers and less actives. Also using Preach My Gospel. It is written for missionaries and also for members. We talked about how to begin teaching so there is no confusion about what they expect us to do and what we expect them to do. It was great to see all my people and learn so much all together. Our song went well, we sang I Stand All Amazed. God blesses our efforts.
After zone conference we did some planning and then went to New Beginnings. Their theme was “Your future is as bright as your faith” so everything was yellow, which I love.
My mom and mermaid sisters sent me mermaid easter eggs so we died them.
Wednesday we went to service. Carlyn liked us so much so she called up her friends Rosa and John. They had us come help them clean up and paint a house and yard. John asked us questions about our missionary service and what we do. It was really cool. We got cleaned up and did some family history with Ann. She was having a hard time keeping track of her relatives so I drew a family tree descendancy chart from something her Uncle gave her. We then went to To the Rescue. We visited the Hoyts and shared about trials and finding joy in trials and how we can help others from our experiences.


Sister Kartchner and I are cleaning up our cars, our apartments, our appearance, our organization and our language. Not that we say naughty things but there are a few words that we are trying to remove from our vocabulary. We counted how many times we said those words and ate a jalapeno for every time we said those words. I ended up with 14 and Sister Kartchner with 12. It was death. It hurt so bad. Needless to say, I have only said two words. We have seen miracles and blessings and are able to feel the spirit more now that we are more able to be recognized as representatives of Jesus Christ. We are seeing miracles from it.


Thursday we went to Cultivating Inclusion. We planted Okra, watered plants and weeded and we helped our sweet special needs people. I love them very much. We had our finding time, knocking doors, which is our favorite. We went to the Stock’s house. They have a little daughter who is seven and so they want us to teach her the missionary discussions so she can understand why she is getting baptized. We went to the super talented Conely’s and they basically gave us a talent show. Their youngest spoke up and said “I don’t have any talents.” We talked about the parable of the talents and how Heavenly Father has given us talents to us. Little Justin, after his brothers sang and played the piano, stood up in the middle of the floor and started dancing.


During sacred finding time we met a super cute lady, Armida. We testified of the Book of Mormon. She heard about it but had never read it. So we gave her one and she said she would read it. So we are reading the Book of Mormon and discussing it with Armida. We then helped the Beck’s create a family mission plan.


Saturday, the best day ever. Steve and Brenda Tullis picked me and Sister Povi up and we went to the temple for Steve for endowments. Ah, it was so amazing. The temple was actually under construction but it was one of the most beautiful days ever. During the session I thought about Steve and how he was experiencing the temple for the first time. I remembered my first time attending the temple and hearing the blessings and promises and things I will be able to have if I follow the gospel. My mom will attest, I was actually bouncing I was so giddy, and what is amazing to me, nothing has changed. That is the ultimate goal for everyone we teach. I was not there for Steve’s baptism but I taught him all the new member lessons. Steve and Brenda are so special to me. They are literally like another pair of grandparents. Seeing Steve in the celestial room so excited and happy made my heart happy.
It was such a special day and I feel so so blessed to be part of it. Go to the temple people, that is where true joy is. We went to dinner at Miguel’s to celebrate.
Sunday, all of sacrament meeting was focused on missionary work. It was really good. We went to class with the YW. Shaelee taught a fantastic lesson. We tracted a lot that day. We went to dinner with the Blairs. They have three little boys. They are the cutest. We delivered more cookies and went to district correlation and decided to do something crazy, a Wilford Woodruff week. Apparently he is a legend when it comes to baptizing people. It begins next Monday at noon. It will be a hundred hour work week, woot woot. Wish us luck and please send us your prayers because we will need it. Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven right.


Love you all so much! I hope you have a fantastic week. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I am grateful for you in my life. I am grateful for the gospel in my life and I am so grateful to be a missionary and share Jesus Christ, his light and his joy, with everybody. The joy is not just for me, it is for everybody.


Love you, love you, bye!
Sister Dalley

sisterjosiedalley.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment