Sunday, April 8, 2018

I Love the Gospel, I Love His Plan

Hello, what’s good family and friends?
Last Monday, the 26th of March, a beautiful day … guess who is done with their first transfer!!! We did laundry and stuff. There is this lady, she is one of our neighbors, we walk in and she is just like, “Sisters I changed your laundry for you.” We asked her how much we owed her and she just said to not worry about it. When we returned later our laundry was all folded. She is such a blessing to us, a sweet tender mercy for us. We wrote in transfer journals and had a good time. Sister Richey went home (cry face).

We went to FHE in Encinitas and listened to a former mission president and temple president and his wife. They were awesome and had turquoise rings so it reminded me of my Grandpa.

Tuesday I was sick and confined to my bed. I had to sleep and get better. All I wanted to do is work and Sister Henrie wouldn’t let me. I hated to be stuck inside.

Wednesday I studied “The Gift of Grace” by President Uchtdorf (April 2015) it is so good. It is a beautiful talk. That day was beautiful because I loved not being cooped up. I loved working and bringing people to Christ. Our theme for this transfer is Joy!  I am so excited because it is the theme for my mission. We played missionary tag revised so elders and sisters could play together to get to know our new zone. Then we did a bunch of contacting.

Thursday I studied The Voice of God Again is Heard Part of it says, “Oh messengers of truth go forth proclaim the gospel story” that’s me :) “the nations to prepare to greet the king of glory.” The scripture it has with it is the one I talked about was D&C 128:19 which I talked about before but it also referred to D&C 128:23 which I had not read yet but it says,
“Let the mountains shout for joy, and all ye valleys cry aloud; and all ye seas and dry lands tell the wonders of your Eternal King! And ye rivers, and brooks, and rills, flow down with gladness. Let the woods and all the trees of the field praise the Lord; and ye solid rocks weep for joy! And let the sun, moon, and the morning stars sing together, and let all the sons of God shout for joy! And let the eternal creations declare his name forever and ever! And again I say, how glorious is the voice we hear from heaven, proclaiming in our ears, glory, and salvation, and honor, and immortality, and eternal life; kingdoms, principalities, and powers!”
Wowza! How could we not be joyful?

We walked from the Mesa building to a PI which was a 3.3 mile walk but because we are missionaries we talked to everyone on our way. We shared water with a guy who looked homeless and dehydrated and met a member named Grace who called us in her house to eat banana bread and she gave us water bottles. We got to the house and the PI wasn’t interested so we started our walk back. We got back to our car and were so excited for AC and to drive home but it wouldn’t start. We had to call the zone leaders to save us. We sat on the curb and ate banana bread while we waited. We were sore and tired and had blisters but we were happy.

Happy Birthday to my sassy little sister Cami! Love you!

I studied on Thursday We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet. This song is a prayer. I like the word bask - bask in His life giving light. It took me to Mosiah 2:41
“And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.”
I love it! We are blessed and happy!

We went to Carlsbad Village to contact. We walked by the Macdonald’s condo and I was like hey I know this place. We got some free garlic bread and tried to contact at Carlsbad Village. There are cool murals all over and really stubborn people that won’t let you talk to them and really nice people who will let you take their pictures for them.

Saturday was conference WOW I loved it. I loved it so much! I could just fill the rest of my message with conference and all the amazing talks. Man alive, I loved it! Our car wouldn’t start  in the morning again so we ran halfway to the building and then some other sisters picked us up. We got to stand and sustain President Nelson and his counselors and the apostles. I loved it.

A member brought fresh beautiful juicy oranges for the missionaries between sessions. After the second session the Elders helped us get our car to a service shop. Now it is fully functioning and great.

Sunday - Easter - Conference - April Fools Day we did another breakfast with our zone. We had an awesome experience listening to the leaders of our church. Austin was supposed to come ... he didn’t but the information we got was awesome!

For lunch we ate with a bilingual ward. Sister Dalley speaking spanish … sigh. A sweet older lady kept trying to tell me I should be married instead of on a mission. She tried to set me up with her grandson. I kept saying, Hermana, you are a stinker. I am on a mission until next August. Oh, how I love her.

After the wonderful last session of conference (Oh, how I love conference, oh, how I love the prophet, the church is true) we went to Easter Dinner at Bishop and Sister Miller’s house. They are awesome. They had friends and family and grandkids over so we watched them do their little easter egg hunt and they showed us their little treats and toys. It was great. It was a good day.

I love the gospel. I love His plan. I love being a missionary. I love you all so much! Happy Easter, happy April fools day, Happy conference. Happiness. Heavenly Father loves you too. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment