Sunday, October 21, 2018

Jesus the Christ

Hello Everybody, It is Sister Dalley on Pday

Monday
We went to a church and played a lot of volleyball. That was awesome. We tried squid too, that interesting … it was actually nasty, just chewy and eww. It was a fun day. It was super fun, it was a good day.

Tuesday
I hear Jenna is in the MTC now which makes me so happy for her. That is so exciting and I am so pumped for her! I am so excited to see and hear about all the amazing things she does.

We went to district council. We talked a lot about Joseph Smith and the importance of the first vision. It was super powerful and super good. We studied the talk from Tad R Callister, Joseph Smith the prophet of the restoration.

We went out and worked. Working is the best thing ever even when no one lets you in or wants to talk to you. It is awesome. I love it. We are working hard and trying hard and having fun. We try to share with them light and joy but there weren’t any takers. Maybe someday. It is always my favorite. I love it so much. I feel so blessed to be a missionary and share this light. It makes me feel that much brighter. Every time I share the light with someone else I feel like my heart and light doubles.

We went to dinner a sweet old German woman who is five years older than Elder Uchtdorf. She told us stories about the war and so many sad and crazy instances that happened to her and to her family. She is amazing. She also had a friend there from Taiwan who told us stories.  It was a very informative dinner.

We right back out and worked. Being a missionary is this best ever. I wish you all could experience what I am experiencing. I love it.

Wednesday
We went to the food pantry which you all know is my favorite thing ever. We set our goals for the coming year for the ward council and ward missionary work. We also set plans on how we/or the next missionaries will achieve those goals.

We went out and worked and then went to dinner with the Chase family. They go all out for halloween, it looked like a halloween storm inside.

Thursday
Nothing ever goes to plan. It is funny, as missionaries, we make a schedule and plan out our day but God always uses us where he needs us. We set up tables and chairs for a wedding. We then went to the food pantry for government commodities and then had the hermanas drive us home and we couldn’t find our keys. We retraced our steps at the food pantry and then at the wedding site and could not find them anywhere. We were two sister missionaries in sweats and tshirts locked out of our apartment. The only spare key was in Vista.

The sweet member where the wedding was took us to Vista to get new keys. She is seriously the most christlike person we have ever met. We apologized and she answered “would Jesus Christ help you” we answered yes and she said, “didn’t I promised to take upon me the name of Jesus Christ and renew that promise when I take the sacrament?” We answered yes and she answered, “Then let me serve you.” I got to see the VanArle’s who I love so much.

We were only able to get ready in time to go to our relief society activity.

Friday
Not very many people wanted to talk to us this week except Darlene, our member friend who is bedridden at the care center who wanted to talk a lot. She bears her testimony every other sentence. I want to be just like her when I am her age. She is such a light and is also so sassy.

That night while we were doing weekly planning we heard thunder and ran outside and it was pouring rain which never happens in Temecula. I love California but miss the variety that Utah brings, the leaves, ah. It was so fun though.

Saturday
A wedding filled day, Julie’s (a person we are teaching) daughter was getting married and so we helped her set up. It was very different but elegant.

Then we went to another wedding, a member of ours and her new husband Colton. They asked us to do desserts and we did missionary work while we served pies, cake pops and chocolate dipped strawberries. We answered a lot of questions from the gals we worked beside. We set up, helped and cleaned up the reception. The elders came and helped us.

Sunday
I cannot believe October is halfway over. Ward council was super good. I love who we get to work with. I love our support group and how they involve us. Church was the young men’s program (kind of like the primary program) but the quorum presidents talked and then they had musical numbers including the organ. They invited Bryant in his new button up shirt to sing with them. It was so sweet. We were so excited. We sat in with the yw for third hour. It was fun. Those girls are amazing.  

After church they served leftover desserts from the wedding. We went to a guy (Danny’s) house. He asked a question “How do we know which one is true?” So he is a new person we are teaching. We went to dinner with the Hess family Jack, Earnest and Mary where all three of them have the same birthday. Not planned, I don’t think that is something you can. They are very special people.

That is actually my week but I want to tell you what I learned in Jesus the Christ. This is something that I have been with my dear friend Nickmo. I read Chapter 4, the Antemortal Godship of Christ. It is so cool it talks about all the names Jesus Christ is given. It says in this chapter even though he has so many names and is viewed as so many different things. In the end it says, “God, the Creator, the Jehovah of Israel the Savior and Redeemer of all nations, kindreds and tongues are the same, He is Jesus the Christ.”  You can call Him whatever you want but it does not change what He is and what He did. It is just amazing to me. It is just a testimony to me.

All of this is something I knew but it is reaffirming to study this and read it. I absolutely love it and all it shares. I love the wording, I keep a dictionary on me when I read it but it just builds my testimony so much. I have also been reading the Saints volume along with my regular scripture study. It has boosted my testimony. I encourage you to read it too, along with the Book of Mormon, don’t stop reading that because you are reading these but I just love them all so much. I love everything I am learning out here.  I love seeing all of this in my life. I am so happy I truly have found this joy. I feel like I had it before but didn’t truly appreciate it. I hope you know how important it is because it is so true. The gospel is so true.

I hope you all have a fantastic week. I am very excited for this coming week.

Little shout out to Josh, happy birthday! I hope it is the best.

Love you all, love you, bye!
Sister Dalley
sisterjosiedalley.blogpspot.com


I saw one of my bffs from the food pantry at lunch



No comments:

Post a Comment