Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Hi Everybody!

Hi everybody! I am super happy I get to talk to you about my mission today. It is my favorite thing ever so this is going to be great.


It was an amazing week, it was fun. We got to be a part of so many amazing things and see a lot of miracles. 


Monday, 15th
Pday. We went on the triple nickel hike. It is with brother Smedley. It starts at 5:55 am and we go to a rock called Pride Rock and it looks over Murrieta Valley. It was a blast. Then breakfast at Brother Smedley’s then sand volleyball. FHE slip and slide kickball - no we did not play but it was fun to watch. Looked like a lot of fun!


Tuesday, 16th
Froyo with two members in our ward Alona and Heather. We went to a returning member’s home, Brian. He hasn’t come to church for 5 years but now wants to find his faith. He asked us to teach him the lessons. We got to know him a little more and taught him the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was one of the most spiritually charged lessons I have ever been a part of. We both felt super guided by the spirit. That is how lessons should be taught always. He said he has a hard time praying. Yet, at the end of the lesson Brian prayed. It was a beautiful prayer. I felt super honored to be part of that. 


That night we went on exchanges with Morgan Hill Sisters.


Wednesday, 17th
I was in Morgan Hill and got to go biking again which was awesome. We went out early so talked to people while they were exercising. We did get into a bit of a bash but that was fun because he challenged us to learn for ourselves the doctrine of what we teach and live. We testified we are here on missions inviting others to do the same thing - to not ever take our word for it but to ask God for themselves. He thought that was cool. 
We taught a lesson to two little kids, Bella and Joey. They were super crazy. We taught them the apostasy and restoration with cups stacked. At mutual we participated in a Book of Mormon challenge where we give a little talk and then held up copies of the Book of Mormon and a few kids take the Book of Mormon and give it to their friends. Then we exchanged back and then exchanged again with the Meadowview/Chaparral sisters. So sister Miles came to the Murrieta YSA with me.


Thursday, 18th
My mom’s birthday! Happy Birthday! Love you, mom! I was with my baby child Sister Miles again in a YSA together. It has been a minute. 
We went to a lesson with Brian again. We taught him the first few points of the plan of salvation. We talked in depth about progression, the plan God has for each of us, opposition and agency. The way Brian works, when we ask him questions, he will sit and think deeply before he answers. Then we went to brother Stratfords to help him with a video he is working on to introduce others to the gospel. Watch for that later. 


We tracted and then met with Michael. We watched the restoration video and talked about how he gained his testimony of the church and Joseph Smith. It was really great to hear his testimony about these things and see how happy he is. 


Friday, 19th
Multizone conference. Listen to promptings - because we didn’t. I always set the alarm for the morning. Sister Moore asked if she should set an alarm the night before zone conference. We both wondered if she should set an alarm. We woke up late, threw on clothes and sped to the church and had to get ready in the car. We were unprepared and frazzled. Please follow the spirit and listen. He is so willing to help us even in small things. 
Multizone conference was awesome. It was long and focused on Preach My Gospel. He challenged us to reread the Book of Mormon with the invitation to rediscover it. We gave the presentation on how to begin teaching and being unified as a companionship. The conference was chock full of spirit and learning. President Hammond said we should be the happiest people on earth. I think that is so true. We have the truth. We have the gospel of Jesus Christ. We know we can be with our families again. We have the choice to be free from our sins and accept Jesus Christ and live in harmony with his commandments. That is true joy, obedience to his commandments. He also taught us one must be participatory in the kingdom of God. With faith comes action. 


They have a tradition where they ask everyone who is leaving to share their testimony.  I got to do that. I cried but it was really cool. We all shared personal experiences. I testified that I feel like I am already home because Jesus Christ is with me and he is home. I testified how much my mission means to me, how different I am now from I used to be and how much happier I am now because I now know who I am and who I can be. My mission may be over soon but my service in God’s kingdom will never be over. I am not going to lie, it has been really hard for me to come to terms with and accept the fact I am going home soon and I don’t like it. I am so grateful for it. 


Saturday, 20th
A service Saturday. I love service, it makes me feel so happy and like I am truly making a difference and helping people. We cleaned the church, did service at another ward’s Pioneer day service activity, cleaned up JJs yard and moved a family. It was hot, we are burning up here, it was 116!


Sunday, 21st
Guess what happened, miracles happen, JJ came to church! It is the first time he has come for 3 years. He was only going to come to sacrament meeting but stayed for sunday school and for the linger longer which was space themed because of the moon landing. Happy Pioneer day and happy moon landing day!


We had dinner with Cameron, a member in our ward, and his family. We got sponches from Alona :) they are good but we think the name is funny so that is now an inside joke.


Matt talked about pioneers in his talk at church. He said, “What we do depends on how we feel about what we know.” 


I was thinking about my mission and the things we love. We love the gospel of Jesus Christ, we love repentance and the ability to change and become more, we love Joseph Smith and know he is a prophet of God, we love Heavenly Father’s plan for us, we know it is true and unique/individual but all encompassing, we love Jesus Christ and his sacrifice for each of us. We know these things and we love it. That is why we are missionaries. That is what we love and so that is why we do what we do.


I loved this week and I love my mission. It is the best thing I have done in my life. Sister Moore is the best, I am blessed to have her as a companion. She puts up with my crazy spontaneousness and weird freak outs of going home. So love sister Moore because I do.
I am looking forward to another awesome fantastic week!


Love you, love you, bye!
Sister Dalley

sisterjosiedalley.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment